Lavender has a particular magic about it. It is soothing, healing and balancing to mind, body and spirit. My bushes are just starting to green up for this year’s crop which should be ready for cutting right around the Summer Solstice. For now, I have plenty of dried on hand.
What are the uses and benefits of lavender?
- Calms and relaxes
- Aides in sleep
- Reduces stress or anxiety
- Helps relieve headaches
- Soothes sore muscles, aches and pains
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
- Calms skin irritations
- Stops itching from insect bites
- Scents linens and clothing – use dried lavender as a sachet or a make a misting spray with essential oils
- Delicious ingredient in cookies, cakes, scones and even lemonade! (only if the lavender has not been treated with herbicides or pesticides!)
- Energetic and magical connections to love, fidelity and permanence, healing, protection, creative work, peace and happiness