A year and a day… this was once thought of as a mystical length of time. It was understood that as the Wheel of the Year turned, it worked its magic on all things. It offered a fullness of experience – movement through birth, growth, ripening, endings and transformation.
In the traditions of the Divine Feminine, nature was the guiding force. She was nature itself… and our ancestors saw the Goddess change from young girl to pregnant mother to wise grandmother. With each seasonal form she came bearing new gifts.
In my year-long online course you’ll live and work within the Wheel of the Year –whether it is the Celtic Wheel of the Year or the Native American Medicine Wheel – with more spiritual awareness and moment-by-moment presence.
As you move in step with the pace of nature, alignment occurs within your soul. Each flower, tree, bird and animal becomes your teacher. You find a sense of peace; a sense of balance and belonging.
Through the year, you’ll mark the passages of Solstices and Equinoxes, and explore rituals, art and poetry that connect you more mindfully to the energy of each season. Become attuned to the subtle changes and patterns of the Earth and build a more powerful relationship with the Divine Feminine who is at the heart of the natural world.
Discussion will focus on things like light, color, plants, herbs and flowers, temperature, sunrises and sunsets, animal behavior and migrations, even seasonal feasts and foods.
We’ll cover topics such as:
- Being grounded, centered and balanced as the energy of the Earth changes
- How to honor the Solstices, Equinoxes and 4 Cross-quarter days
- Invitations to embody the qualities of the Sacred Feminine as she changes form in each season
- Seasonal ceremony, symbols and ritual
- Altar making
- Madalas, Medicine Wheel and other physical representations of the Wheel of the Year
- Seasonal feasts and sacred foods
- Use of herbs and flowers
- Creativity and sacred art-making
- Learning how to read animal signs through the seasons
- Animal totems and animals sacred to the Goddess in each season
The course is less about “doing” and more about “being”. You’ll move into a sacred way of living with the Earth as our ancestors once did. Her patterns and rhythms give shape to your life.
You will also connect more deeply to the Divine Feminine and see how she expresses herself through nature.
You’ll experience how the Goddess changes with each season, bringing new lessons and unique gifts. For example, in spring, she awakens as a young girl full of joy, beauty, fertile power and sweetness. As the year progresses, she becomes a life-giving, nourishing mother, and in the fall she transforms into an old Wise Woman, a Healer and Seer. She offers guidance that ripens with the seasons.
What will you get?
- 10 written lessons… An introduction to the seasons and how to work with the Wheel of the Year. Another on ceremony, poems and prayer. Then a lesson for each of the 8 seasonal thresholds: Winter Solstice, Imbolc, Spring Equinox, May Day, Summer Solstice, Lammas, Autumn Equinox and All Souls/Samhain/Day of the Dead. We’ll also discuss integration..how to continue what you’ve learned.
- Suggestions for nature walks, altar making and rituals in each season.
- Suggestions for creating art or crafts specific to each season.
- Constant support and contact with me throughout the year.
- You will also be connected with an ongoing private discussion group via facebook. This is for questions and sharing of your photos, art and insights
Investment is just $145 for the entire year of study
The next registration window will open next fall, with class beginning in November